USS Fitzgerald Collison, V. Strange Course Change By ACX Crystal AND The Radar Mystery.
One hour time discrepancy changes EVERYTHING!
Please check this POST.
It seems inconceivable that a US destroyer, bristling with electronic aids, would be involved in a collision such as this. Even the most basic of radar systems would have provided sufficient data to permit evasive action.
But, I am struck by five things:
- I heard on TV that the container-ship, ACX Crystal, had done a strange maneuver ahead of the collision. I went looking for a map and details and found the above. That does seem very strange!
- What was happening on the USS Fitzgerald with its radar? They would have had multiple screens, each with a dedicated, trained operator. How did this happen?
- Though this should NOT in any way be an ‘excuse’, did the Fitzgerald miss out on getting its radar upgraded in 2014 because of cost cutting? But, even a 1970-era radar system should have been enough for the job at hand and the Fitzgerald, launched in 1994, is not that old.
- How did the Captain, Bryce Benson, get injured? Wasn’t he on the bridge — and there should have been plenty of handrails!
- Was this MALICIOUS? I am going to refrain from using other words!
This is worth following. Something very strange, akin to the incredible ‘Malaysian Airlines MH370 disappearance‘ occurred here too.
>>>> Search on ‘radar’ >>>>