So, I got a Garmin Vivoactive HR from Best Buy on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. I chose this model for the Heart Rate Monitor and GPS — though I have yet to work out how to use the GPS. I bought in from Best Buy, rather than Amazon, because I used a bunch of Reward Points which meant that I didn’t have to pay much for this tracker. But NOT buying anything from Best Buy again — especially since I used up all my Reward Points.
On May 25, 2017, I had got Deanna a FitBit Alta HR.
I did NOT get a FitBit because I have never had much luck with FitBits — whether with their devices or their STOCK! I had reluctantly bought some FIT shares, right after the IPO, because a then 14-year old shamed me into doing so, he being extremely gung-ho.
I am not new to fitness trackers. The first FitBit I bought was at Christmas 2011.
But after I threw my original FitBit away I had lost interest and was not following the technology.
Then in mid-May we had Shane Selling my exceptional computer guy and Drone whizard. Of late Shane has become a fitness fanatic and is extremely fit. He was wearing a FitBit Alta HR. First time I had been up close to a FitBit in 5 years. I was vaguely impressed. Deanna more so.
Shane, the nice guy he is, took his FitBit off his wrist and put it on mine.
I was IMMEDIATELY shocked by how high my heart rate was! I nearly had a heart attack. It was in the 80s. It should not have been.
That is when I decided that I need to get an activity tracker with heart rate monitoring.
I got Deanna a FitBit Alta HR the next day BUT spent 2 weeks researching the technology. Hence the Garmin for I.
I need to get back into shape and LOSE SOME WEIGHT! I am borderline obese and not happy about that. Oh YES, I have been MUCH HEAVIER but I am not proud of that.
It is helping. A LONG WAY TO GO.
Ironically, because of my ‘Day-Off Schedule’, some school appointments and rain I have NOT gone for a run since I got the Garmin. That will get rectified tomorrow.
I will keep you posted.
++++ Check Categories ‘Reviews’ & ‘Recommendations’ for other related posts >>>>
One hour time discrepancy changes EVERYTHING!
Please check this POST.
It seems inconceivable that a US destroyer, bristling with electronic aids, would be involved in a collision such as this. Even the most basic of radar systems would have provided sufficient data to permit evasive action.
But, I am struck by five things:
- I heard on TV that the container-ship, ACX Crystal, had done a strange maneuver ahead of the collision. I went looking for a map and details and found the above. That does seem very strange!
- What was happening on the USS Fitzgerald with its radar? They would have had multiple screens, each with a dedicated, trained operator. How did this happen?
- Though this should NOT in any way be an ‘excuse’, did the Fitzgerald miss out on getting its radar upgraded in 2014 because of cost cutting? But, even a 1970-era radar system should have been enough for the job at hand and the Fitzgerald, launched in 1994, is not that old.
- How did the Captain, Bryce Benson, get injured? Wasn’t he on the bridge — and there should have been plenty of handrails!
- Was this MALICIOUS? I am going to refrain from using other words!
This is worth following. Something very strange, akin to the incredible ‘Malaysian Airlines MH370 disappearance‘ occurred here too.
>>>> Search on ‘radar’ >>>>
Use above link to access original.
Click image to ENLARGE and read here.
Last Google Doodles:
**** Check Category ‘Google Doodle’ (sidebar) for other Doodles >>>>