by Anura Guruge
1. Returning TP-Link RE 2000 AC750 Range Extender.
2. At mercy of MetroCast & TP-Link.
3. TP-Link Wi-Fi Network for house.
4. MetroCast maintains 75Mbps.
>> TP-Link TL-WA850RE going strong.
>> TP-Link TL-WA850RE Wi-Fi Range Extender.
I had basically given up on trying to get the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup coverage, from ESPN, on mu 47″ Philips TV. I can really ONLY enjoy cricket if I am watching it live or on a proper TV. While I can and will watch short cricket clips on my computer or Pad I can’t watch a match or a one hour highlight package on a PC. I need to be seated, on a couch, feet up and it has to be on a BIG HD screen — with a remote.
One of the reasons I tried the Google Chromecast was to see if I could use that to cast ESPN to the TV. Well the Chromecast was a disaster.
At that point I gave up.
As far as I could see there was no Roku support for ESPN’s special APP for the 2015 World Cup. So when I ordered the Roku 3, from Dishworld, with Willow Cricket, I had no expectations of seeing the World Cup through it. I did watch some short clips on ESPN via the Roku and that was it.
Then Sunday afternoon I was seated with Devanee going through the Roku Channel Store to pick our channels when I saw the ESPN 2015 World Cup logo. I didn’t believe it. Clicked it. Yes, it was the right thing. I still couldn’t believe it — especially that ESPN nor Roku had promoted that one had World Cup access via the Roku.
I was already signed up on ESPN. I just hadn’t paid for the package. PayPal jumped in and made me a nice 6-month offer (not that I needed it, but spread over 6 months it is not hard to take).
Involved about 3 different logons BUT it worked as it said it would.
Picture quality is BRILLIANT. Beyond stunning. Best HD I have seen. Watching cricket at that resolution is a joy. I watched the Pak v. WI 1-hour highlights replay. I am still not used to the cadence of the coverage. It is different to TEN Cricket. Having watched so much TEN over the last 4 years I have to get used to a different pace. Yes, you are seeing live action, that is edited for the highlights, but the pace of the transitions are different and I can feel it!
I am HAPPY. I did not complain or sulk when I did not have access to the World Cup but it made me sad. I love cricket and the World Cups are very special. I was at the Finals, at Lord’s for the 1979 and 1983 World Cups. I still remember those matches. I watched all of the 2011 World Cup on Dish. I got Dish for the cricket. It bothered me that I was not seeing the games specially since there had been some good cricket. I can now, thanks to the replays, watch all the games. 49 games. 49 hours, minimum.
So the good news is that with a Roku the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup can be yours.
Alton Central (ACS) School: Lander Using Another Lawyer To Deal With ACS School Board & Board’s Attorney.
by Anura Guruge
Other Related Posts:
1. Jonathan Smolin as Write-In.
2. Board member says Attorney Questions …
3. Violate criminal code?
4. Oppose Marilyn St. Cyr.
5. JMA ‘fishing’ trip.
6. Meeting VIDEOS on YouTube.
7. Meaningless letter by blowhard.
8. Barbara Howard Letter (I).
9. Hiring of suspended facilitator.
A. Feb. 17 meeting AUDIO.
B. Feb. 17 meetings — Jonathan Smolin etc.
C. Laconia Sun report of Feb. 17 meeting.
D. Barbara Howard WRITE-IN.
i. Trying to postpone board meeting.
ii. “Mass Customized Learning” …
iii. Off again … on again …
a/ 2015 Shenanigans.
b/ Lander is leaving.
c/ Lander is bored.
d/ Trouble understanding.
e/ Compromised English.
f/ Leggett legging it.
++++ Search ‘ACS‘ or Check Category “Alton’s Funniest Videos” for many, many more >>>>
Deanna filed the above “Right To Know” with the ACS SAU last Thursday so we should, with luck, find out more about this intriguing move by William (‘Bill’) Lander in the weeks to come.
As far as we can tell this, i.e., Lander using a separate lawyer, happened at least once — the incident that we are familiar with having happened during August – September 2014.
Again all of this related to matters taking place in Non-Public Sessions. So in the normal course of events we would not have heard about it.
3. Since when do Superintendents use external lawyers to interact with THEIR BOARD?
4. Did Lander violate any Alton policies by doing what he did?
5. Who paid for this lawyer’s services?
6. Did the Board authorize those payments?
7. Did the Board have anything to say to Lander about using a lawyer to interact with them.
8. Now it gets real interesting re. Lander’s December 18, 2014 resignation. The story that was circulating around Christmas, and I write about it twice (here & here), was that Lander was leaving BECAUSE of this ‘external’ lawyer situation — along the lines “he had hired a lawyer without the Board’s permission and he is now leaving”. That was the rumor. What is interesting is that folks at ACS knew about this, even though it was all Non-Public. That was interesting. Plus where did that ‘smoke’ come from IF there was no fire? Don’t. Trying to find out. I know that there is a reporter working on this too because I got asked as to what I knew.
Well just trying to get as much of this as YET ‘hush-hush’ stuff out in the public, per any and all rights we may have, so that all of YOU can make up your own minds.