Portsmouth, NH Also Has A ‘First Night’ With Ice Sculpture, Battle Of The Bands & Fireworks
…by Anura Guruge
We have, alas, never been to ‘First Night‘ in Portsmouth, NH. Though we all like Portsmouth the prospect of driving back home after midnight on New Year’s doesn’t hold much appeal.
That said, we have been to Portsmouth a number of times of New Years day, January 1; our wedding anniversary. So we have seen what is left of the ice sculptures.
Pretty sure we won’t make it to First Night in Portsmouth this year. We seem committed to Wolfeboro, which has the attraction of offering 2x fireworks and only being 25 minutes away (with no traffic to contend with).
There is a chance we will go to Portsmouth again on January 1, 2013. We will have to do something special. It is our 10th wedding anniversary and so many people said that we wouldn’t last the year, just because we met online and got married 6 weeks to the day, Wednesday to a Wednesday, of first making contact.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Tags: 2012, 2013, anniversary, Anura Guruge, Battle of the Bands, buttones, celebrations, December 31, Fireworks, First Night, First Night Portsmouth, Ice Sculpture, New Hampshire, New Hampshire (NH), New Years day, parade, performers, Portsmouth, price, program, ProPortsmouth, Santa, schedule, Wolfeboro
Blog Stats (Views)
- 590,804 views
Search this blog for posts on:
- Acadia National Park, ME
- Strawbery Banke, NH
- Red Poppy (Day)
- Beaujolais Nouveau
- Highland Games, Loon, NH
- Popes, Buddhism & Religion
- Alton, NH
- Wolfeboro, NH
- Obamacare (A.C.A) Health Care
- N.H. Property Taxes
- Clearlakes Chorale
- Great Waters Music Festival
Latest Guruge Book
Anura Guruge the publisher
Featured Anura Guruge Books
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
Quick guide to comets. Check it out.
Published May 9, 2013.
print $4.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published Sept. 17, 2014.
print $9.50 & ebook $0.99.
For those that would like to know the Popes better
Published Sep. 22, 2011.
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
A good way to teach kids about caring for a puppy
SEE BELOW FOR MORE