Portsmouth, NH Also Has A ‘First Night’ With Ice Sculpture, Battle Of The Bands & Fireworks
…by Anura Guruge
We have, alas, never been to ‘First Night‘ in Portsmouth, NH. Though we all like Portsmouth the prospect of driving back home after midnight on New Year’s doesn’t hold much appeal.
That said, we have been to Portsmouth a number of times of New Years day, January 1; our wedding anniversary. So we have seen what is left of the ice sculptures.
Pretty sure we won’t make it to First Night in Portsmouth this year. We seem committed to Wolfeboro, which has the attraction of offering 2x fireworks and only being 25 minutes away (with no traffic to contend with).
There is a chance we will go to Portsmouth again on January 1, 2013. We will have to do something special. It is our 10th wedding anniversary and so many people said that we wouldn’t last the year, just because we met online and got married 6 weeks to the day, Wednesday to a Wednesday, of first making contact.
Tags: 2012, 2013, anniversary, Anura Guruge, Battle of the Bands, buttones, celebrations, December 31, Fireworks, First Night, First Night Portsmouth, Ice Sculpture, New Hampshire, New Hampshire (NH), New Years day, parade, performers, Portsmouth, price, program, ProPortsmouth, Santa, schedule, Wolfeboro
Blog Stats (Views)
- 554,491 views
Search this blog for posts on:
- Acadia National Park, ME
- Strawbery Banke, NH
- Red Poppy (Day)
- Beaujolais Nouveau
- Highland Games, Loon, NH
- Popes, Buddhism & Religion
- Alton, NH
- Wolfeboro, NH
- Obamacare (A.C.A) Health Care
- N.H. Property Taxes
- Clearlakes Chorale
- Great Waters Music Festival
Latest Guruge Book
Featured N.H. Events
To have your event included:e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anura Guruge the publisher
Featured Anura Guruge Books
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
Quick guide to comets. Check it out.
Published May 9, 2013.
print $4.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 27, 2013.
print $7.00 & ebook $0.99.
Still best way to introduce kids to comets. Kind of timeless
Published Sep. 22, 2011.
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
A good way to teach kids about caring for a puppy
SEE BELOW FOR MORE
Other Anura Guruge Sites
Anura Guruge Books
- Pumpkin Festival (Ex-Keene) Coming To Laconia, New Hampshire In October 2015. April 25, 2015
- 150th Anniversary Of President Abraham Lincoln’s Funeral Train In New York City & Albany, New York. April 25, 2015
- Lake Winnipesaukee 2015 Ice-Out Ici: Friday, April 24 At 4:34 pm. April 24, 2015
- Spring In New Hampshire: More Crocuses, But It Is Still WAY TOO COLD! April 24, 2015
- Now Have Roku “My Feed” On My ‘Old’ Roku 3 — Software v6.2 Build 3332. April 24, 2015
- New Hampshire July 1, 2015 Handheld Cell Phone Ban UNLIKELY To Cover Apple iWatch. April 24, 2015